Photo via: houseofhawthornes.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Beautiful border of astilbe and hosta; perfect for shade area coming down driveway
- Beautiful border for filtered light, or partial shade. Hostas, Japanese maple and Geranium maculatum (I think!)
- Keep foliage color in mind when you plan your perennial border. Plants with colorful foliage such as artemisia will keep the garden looking good while flowering plants go in and out of bloom. Artemisia has beautiful silver-gray foliage that won’t fade in the hot sun. This hardy perennial is also drought and insect resistant, and the branches make a wonderful addition to indoor flower arrangements. Height varies by variety and can range from 3 feet tall to just 5 inches. Grows in Zones 4-9.
- Mixed border shade plants
- If you have a garden enclosed by brick or cement then here’s an idea to make that border shine! Take some rope light and put in on the inside of whatever’s lining your garden. When the sun goes down your garden will be lit up exactly where you want it to be.
- Great Perennial Border @ its-a-green-life
- Hydrangea Border at the Powerscourt Gardens | Flickr – scribbles231
- Lupines – Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, Washington The Columbia River Gorge serves as the border to OR & WA. Amazing views from both sides.
- Nice idea for a garden border. No more tiptoeing from stone to stone. Saves water and makes a natural barrier between lawn and garden beds.
- Herbaceous border at Oxford University. Pic credit: Timothy Walker
- Ornamental Grasses Border …………………… 1. White Sagebrush Silver Queen (Artemisia ludoviciana) 2. Grays Sedge (Carex grayi) 3. Curry Plant (Helichrysum italicum) 4. Black-Flowered Fountaingrass (Pennisetum viridescens) 5. Tall Verbena (Verbena bonariensis) 6. Eulalia, Maiden Grass Adagio (Miscanthus sinensis) 7. Eulalia, Maiden Grass Silberfeder (Miscanthus sinensis)
- Backyard landscaping. Great for small yard. Like the fence color and small grass area. Would do different trees along border and would make waterfall more modern, but very pretty overall.