Photo via: romantiskahem.blogspot.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Flower container ideas. They tell you the flowers in the arrangements
- Wet newspapers and put layers around the plants overlapping as you go; cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic; they will not get through wet newspaper. Good composting!
- Strawberry Seduction Yarrows rich, velvety red flowers dance atop long stems. Dense, upright, habit and long blooming period. Attractive in both cut and dried flower arrangements. Ideal in sunny beds and borders. Great addition to the butterfly garden. Heat loving and drought tolerant once established. Zone 3-8 Cutting Garden Cut flowers Flower Gardening
- Add Color with Flowers – 50 Best Small Space Decorating Tricks We Learned in 2016 – Southernliving. For design in small spaces, flowers work wonders. You can always change the colors and styles, but they add lively impact in vases, small planters, and window boxes.
- Keep foliage color in mind when you plan your perennial border. Plants with colorful foliage such as artemisia will keep the garden looking good while flowering plants go in and out of bloom. Artemisia has beautiful silver-gray foliage that won’t fade in the hot sun. This hardy perennial is also drought and insect resistant, and the branches make a wonderful addition to indoor flower arrangements. Height varies by variety and can range from 3 feet tall to just 5 inches. Grows in Zones 4-9.
- Take the guesswork out of choosing plants for your summer containers! Here you will find tons of tips, ideas and recipes that will make choosing plants for container flower gardening easy and fun!
- This site has container gardens that tell you what each plant is in case you find one that you dont recognize! All of these plants do well on my patio! Yay!
- Yellow Crown Peony – Veseys Paeonia Itoh Veseys Top Pick An extremely unique and sought-after yellow peony! Fully double flowers are showcased marvellously against the lush green foliage. It s a real show piece! No other flower can compete with the perfection and the fragrance of the Peony. The silky petals and romantic shades make this cut flower beyond compare. The lush green foliage is also an exquisite filler in mixed bouquets. Plant them in full sun anywhere you can enjoy their delightful
- Red flowers add an instant blaze of color to the most sedate garden. Learn how to use red perennial flowers in your garden at HowStuffWorks.
- Want to create a beautiful garden this spring but you can’t decide which perennials to plant? Coreopsis is low maintenance, with pretty yellow daisy-like blooms. Peonies are stunning, coming in a variety of shades, including pink, white, and yellow. They love the sun, but can handle partial sun conditions. You will want to cut some for vases in your home all season long! Phlox is a lovely two-toned flower and it smells amazing. Read on as eBay shares 5 must-have perennials.
- Five Little Flowers is a fun pocket chart activity to use to get ready for Spring. It is also great for young students as they learn their colors and the ordinal numbers (first, second, third, fourth, and fifth.) Just copy, cut, place in your pocket chart and it is ready to use. There is also a page you can copy for your students so that they can continue to enjoy this poem even after you have put the poem away.
- What a beautiful plants! beehive ginger (Zingiber spectablis) produces inflorescence (flower bracts) shaped like a beehive. Bracts turn from green to yellow to bright red. Dont tolerate frost but thrive in warm humid climates. Could be a great container plant wintered idoors. It smells like ginger so if you dont like the smell place it somewhere it can be seen but not smelled.