Photo via: apaperaeroplane.tumblr.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Is it possible to feed yourself on only 1/4 acre? Learn to grow your own fruits and vegetables and make it pretty enough for the front yard.Gardening techniques for feeding yourself.
- How to make an outdoor pool umbrella half barrel flower pot stand. Shade! 1) Real/resin half barrel (drill holes in the bottom for drainage) 2) QUIKRETE or a cement block that has a hole in the center for your post 3) Put in PVC pipe (spray paint to liking) 4)Use small stones or pebbles to increase the stability. Cover with dirt and plant flowers. 6) If you use a tilt umbrella the wind may blow it in a circle. Drill hole in PVC, put screw in place.
- Aspirin is the remedy for fungal plant problems, Black spot, powdery mildew, and rust are a terrible trio of fungi, which can attack and destroy your plants. Scientists have found that two uncoated aspirin tablets (325 milligrams each) dissolved in 1 quart of water and used as a foliar spray can thwart these diseases. I have not tried this, but I will.
- Cotton Candy Plant – Add a burst of color and texture to your garden with these lush ornamental grasses that flourish in hot, humid, dry or wet conditions. Enjoy light pink plumes in late summer with these wild, hardy plants. – Grows to approx. 20 to 36 H – Perennial – Bloom time: all summer – Full sun to partial shade – Hardy in zones 5 to 10
- Annabelle Hydrangea -Annabelle hydrangea is one of the easiest types to grow. It blooms in midsummer producing large, pure white clusters that are perfect for cutting. Plant Name: Hydrangea arborescens Annabelle Growing Conditions: Part shade and moist, well-drained soil Size: To 5 feet tall and wide Zones: 3-9
- Organic food is expensive. That is a fact. But this fact shouldn’t stop us trying hard not to ingest pesticides. This is why growing your own food is the best way to control the quality of what you eat. You have probably tried to grow something from seed and know how difficult and time consuming it can be. Fortunately, there is another way which is not only cheap but also simple and easy. We are talking about regrowing food from kitchen scraps. It sounds to good to be true, but you can easil…
- Best Sellers – Cotton Candy Grass. This colorful ornamental grass creates a sweet, pink cloud in the back of a sunny border or as a stand-alone specimen in a perennial bed. Blooms appear in late summer. A dependable variety, Cotton Candy Grass tolerates heat, humidity, drought and wet conditions with ease. This gorgeous plant has it all – it provides gorgeous foliage throughout the year, is adaptable to practically every climate and can even grow in poor soil.
- A mature garden takes time and is so worth the wait, but that doesn’t mean you can slip in a few shrubs that grow more quickly and add plenty of bling to the landscape.
- This high quality pre-shrunk t-shirt is made of 100% certified organic cotton (GMO-free cotton) for a super-soft feel that is light on our planet! Like this design? Click here to see it on more produc
- Did you know? That Sunflowers turn all day long to follow the sun they face east in the morning and west in the afternoon. It is awesome to watch a field of Sunflowers different times throughout the day
- CAST PLASTER MASK PLANTERS…Say that 3 times fast! I love anything that you can use as a mold. When I saw these Halloween masks the first thing I thought of was how to use them to cast something in plaster of Paris. Well, the results were terrific and it makes my boring garden pots, well, spectacular.
- Persian Shield is known botanically as Strobilanthes dyerianus. It is native to Burma and has 8-inch-long leaves that are iridescent in shades of purple, lilac and pink, with purple-maroon on the undersides. If those colors arent awesome enough, the foliage looks like it has a light coat of silver electroplated to it. Although newly in fashion. the plant has been used in gardens since Victorian times..