Photo via: bakker.fr
You may also be interested in 🙂
- A. Autumn Red Daylily B. Blue Butterfly Delphinium Height: 12-15″ Spread: 10″-12″ C. Gay Butterflies Butterfly Plant – 3′ Tall D. Variegated Weigela – (4-6&…
- Idea to keep the soil moist for plants using plastic – can also bury gallon jug in middle of plant cluster. keep you from wasting water on mulch and just putting it where it is needed.
- Raised gardening beds keep vegetables away from contaminated soil, can deter some pests, and are easier on backs and knees—here’s some information about how to make one.
- Use a gal jar and a type of stand place the jar in the water on it’s side, let it fill with water(completely sbmerged) then tip it up slowly bottom up, and place the jar mouth into the stand, making sure to keep the mouth under water. The fish can swim up into the jar as they wish.…
- Turning a Dresser Drawer into a Planter Tutorial – Planter made from a end table with the top taken off. There are several ways to keep the wood on the bottom of the drawer from rotting out. Heres the website address to a tutorial for one of them. Youll have to copy/paste: http://thegreendivas.com/2013/05/07/how-does-your-garden-grow-its-easy-when-you-repurpose/
- Put any of these plants on the patio or deck this summer and it will keep the mosquitos away.
- Did you know that cornmeal is birth control for weeds? Sprinkle it on your garden and it will keep weed seeds from germinating and growing into plants. – gardenfuzzgarden
- 20 Insanely Clever Gardening Tips And Ideas – 5. Rubbermaid Container Garden – Just because you don’t have much of a yard doesn’t mean you can’t have a nice little garden going. Rubbermaid storage containers are lightweight and just the right size to get you started. Fill the bottom with packing peanuts and a layer of garden fabric to keep them easy to move. This could even work on a small apartment balcony http://www.listotic.com/20-insanely-clever-gardening-tips-and-ideas/6/?utm_content=bu…
- Natural Weed Control…Cornmeal. Sprinkle on garden and it will keep weed seeds from germinating and growing into plants. It will keep any seeds from germinating so dont use in vegetable garden until plants are established.
- Temporary Extension Cord Protection – If youre having a party or some other event in the yard and you need additional electricity sources, heres a great way to keep extension cord plugs dry. Cut notches in the opposite sides of a reusable plastic container and snap on the lid. Your plugs will stay dry if it happens to rain or the ground is moist.
- Each time you crack an egg open, instead of tossing the shell into the trash, drop it into an open container that you keep in the fridge. When the container is full, crush the shells into small bits and sprinkle them around the base of your plants. The sharp eggshells will deter slugs, snails, and other bugs from nibbling on your garden and add a touch of calcium to the soil. gardening,
- Gallon of water, 1 chopped onion add to gal of water. let it sit under the sun for 3days and spray it over your veg plants, n flowers to keep bugs from eating the leaves. I personally used it on the lawn and around the windows n doors to keep the bugs n mosquitoes away and it worked. I read this in magazine from old sturbridge village. Cant recall what year