Photo via: windowboxcontest.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- A mounding annual that is deer resistant and heat tolerant, has scented foliage, and attracts butterflies and hummingbirds sounds like a plant you could use about anywhere. The vigorous Lantana Landmark™ series is ideal for large group plantings, but Rose Sunrise also looks lovely in a hanging basket, where its brightly colored dark rose-pink and yellow blossoms over deep green foliage can be appreciated up close. Prune back Lantanas after the first flush of flowers to shape them and prompt …
- Aspirin is the remedy for fungal plant problems, Black spot, powdery mildew, and rust are a terrible trio of fungi, which can attack and destroy your plants. Scientists have found that two uncoated aspirin tablets (325 milligrams each) dissolved in 1 quart of water and used as a foliar spray can thwart these diseases. I have not tried this, but I will.
- hyacinth bean vine…I grow this every year. It grows so fast and is so showy/FRAGRANT-Will help to lure Butterflies and Hummingbirds to your habitat. The best time to harvest the bean seedpods is just prior to your first frost. Seeds are easy to keep, and you can use them next year in the garden. Seeds can be easily removed from dried seedpods for storage. annual in our zone…
- Best Sellers – Cotton Candy Grass. This colorful ornamental grass creates a sweet, pink cloud in the back of a sunny border or as a stand-alone specimen in a perennial bed. Blooms appear in late summer. A dependable variety, Cotton Candy Grass tolerates heat, humidity, drought and wet conditions with ease. This gorgeous plant has it all – it provides gorgeous foliage throughout the year, is adaptable to practically every climate and can even grow in poor soil.
- What a beautiful plants! beehive ginger (Zingiber spectablis) produces inflorescence (flower bracts) shaped like a beehive. Bracts turn from green to yellow to bright red. Dont tolerate frost but thrive in warm humid climates. Could be a great container plant wintered idoors. It smells like ginger so if you dont like the smell place it somewhere it can be seen but not smelled.
- coleus – This fast growing and easy to propagate plant is extremely popular in container gardens, due in part to its striking colors and varieties. They need well drained, nutrient enriched soil, and regular watering for optimum growth. Keep in mind that most varieties prefer full sun, but some require partial shade to thrive, so check your seed packet or plant label for light requirements. Read more: http://blog.builddirect.com/6-plants-that-thrive-in-full-sun/ixzz3gk8KK6NE
- Yarrow Not only does yarrow tolerate heat and drought like a champion, but this easy-growing perennial is also a great cut flower — and deer, rabbits, and most other pests wont touch it. It comes in a number of varieties with blooms in shades of yellow, orange, red, pink, and white. Name: Achillea varieties Conditions: Full sun and well-drained soil Size: To 4 feet tall Zones: 3-9
- Fresh herbs add delightful flavor and fragrance to foods. You cant get any fresher than snipping leaves and springs from your own homegrown plants right before meal preparation. These are some of my favorite culinary herbs to grow from seeds year after year
- Organic food is expensive. That is a fact. But this fact shouldn’t stop us trying hard not to ingest pesticides. This is why growing your own food is the best way to control the quality of what you eat. You have probably tried to grow something from seed and know how difficult and time consuming it can be. Fortunately, there is another way which is not only cheap but also simple and easy. We are talking about regrowing food from kitchen scraps. It sounds to good to be true, but you can easil…
- Jade plants need full sun in order to grow properly and need to be drained well. Allow the soil to dry out completely before each watering. Softening leaves indicate it’s time for more water. cast iron plants can handle low light, extreme temperatures and can survive for a good length without water. However, It’s still a good idea to keep the soil moist for healthy growth by watering every 2-3 weeks.
- Want to create a beautiful garden this spring but you can’t decide which perennials to plant? Coreopsis is low maintenance, with pretty yellow daisy-like blooms. Peonies are stunning, coming in a variety of shades, including pink, white, and yellow. They love the sun, but can handle partial sun conditions. You will want to cut some for vases in your home all season long! Phlox is a lovely two-toned flower and it smells amazing. Read on as eBay shares 5 must-have perennials.
- Beautiful hand painted watering can sun catcher with light blue and sparkling glass, acrylic and crystal beads pouring for the spout. Pretty floral motif is painted on both sides of the watering can. Put this in your yard to add a pretty focal point and watch the crystals cast bright sparkles in the sun. So much prettier than what can be captured in pictures. Overall hanging height: approx 26.5 ❖ 9 amazing strands of glass, acrylic and crystal beads strung on heavy duty 50 lb. mono-filament …