Photo via: diyandcraftscorner.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Aspirin is the remedy for fungal plant problems, Black spot, powdery mildew, and rust are a terrible trio of fungi, which can attack and destroy your plants. Scientists have found that two uncoated aspirin tablets (325 milligrams each) dissolved in 1 quart of water and used as a foliar spray can thwart these diseases. I have not tried this, but I will.
- Want to create a beautiful garden this spring but you can’t decide which perennials to plant? Coreopsis is low maintenance, with pretty yellow daisy-like blooms. Peonies are stunning, coming in a variety of shades, including pink, white, and yellow. They love the sun, but can handle partial sun conditions. You will want to cut some for vases in your home all season long! Phlox is a lovely two-toned flower and it smells amazing. Read on as eBay shares 5 must-have perennials.
- Temporary Extension Cord Protection – If youre having a party or some other event in the yard and you need additional electricity sources, heres a great way to keep extension cord plugs dry. Cut notches in the opposite sides of a reusable plastic container and snap on the lid. Your plugs will stay dry if it happens to rain or the ground is moist.
- Nothing ruins a summer BBQ or picnic like an invasion of mosquitos. For an all-natural way to get mosquitos off the guest list at your next outdoor gathering try this simple Mosquito Repellant Mason Jar. The active ingredient is Lemon Eucalyptus Oil which…
- If you enjoy eating fresh salsa in the summer, growing a salsa garden will provide you with the fresh ingredients you need to whip up salsa at a moments notice. The basic ingredients that go into salsa are tomatoes, peppers, garlic, onions, and cilantro. See how you can plant all of these ingredients in a 4×4 foot raised bed or square foot garden.
- The best way to water your garden is to set up a drip irrigation system with an automatic timer. But what if you do not have that option?. If so, a great option is to bury a milk jug with holes drilled in it next to your plants. To water all you have to do is stick the hose in the top of the jug and fill up the milk jug and you are done! It also makes it easy to fertilize, add a scoup of fertilizer into the jug and add water and your done!
- Having a nice garden isn’t enough – to make it perfect, you need to have a great porch. For some this means having plenty of mini pots with colorful flowers, while for others it means having big, clay pot. There are few ways to play with pots and flowers and all of them don’t require too much time.
- Here’s How to Grow Peonies That Last Forever- Southernliving. As in, at least 50 years. When the first huge peony unfurls into a flounce of petals, you want to touch it, and live somewhere inside that magnificent bloom. The perfume, lifted by late-spring air, can’t be inhaled deeply enough. Of all those gorgeous garden flowers, you hope your peonies will last forever. Such giddiness is a springtime ritual in the Upper South. There, peonies become large, shrubby plants festooned with f…
- Heres a great way to recycle: repurpose a pine floor joist from a 19th-century house as the perfect swing for your yard. Handmade in Pennsylvania, the tree swing encourages kids and the young at heart to let loose and have a little fun in the outdoors. The seat is finished with natural tung oil, and each side comes with 25 feet of manila rope with a 695-pound tension limit. Expect a lot of squeals and laughter with this in your yard! Available at dotandbo.com
- Blue Glow Stones: They soak up the sun and at twilight, release it to create a stunning lighting effect along a walk, around a tree, or to highlight other landscape features.
- Lucy put this beautiful Fall center piece together. We placed it on the table in one of our breakfast rooms. You may remember Lucy just had a little one so she makes these at home and her husband drops them off on his way in to the city.
- If youre one of the many gardeners who have fallen in love with alliums, our new bloom time chart could get you into some trouble. We have organized the 12 most popular alliums by height, flower size and bloom time, so its easy to see at a glance which types of alliums you have and which ones you still need to get!