Photo via: homebnc.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Aspirin is the remedy for fungal plant problems, Black spot, powdery mildew, and rust are a terrible trio of fungi, which can attack and destroy your plants. Scientists have found that two uncoated aspirin tablets (325 milligrams each) dissolved in 1 quart of water and used as a foliar spray can thwart these diseases. I have not tried this, but I will.
- Pruning Tomatoes- great article. Gave me the courage I needed to prune my out of control tomato plants!
- How to Group Container Gardens Together Camouflage container elevators by placing shorter pots full of rounded mound-shape plants such as Lantana, Pentas, Melampodium, Profusion zinnia, or geranium in front of the elevators. To screen taller plant lifts, position misty-shape plants like Diamond Frost Euphorbia or Mexican feathergrass in front of the supporting objects.
- The Cutflower Collection of Roses: Deja Blu: Mauve Blend Color. Hybrid Tea flowers on compact plants. Great for patio pots, containers and gardens. Bloom singly and in clusters. Hardy to Zone 4. Flowe
- Grow blueberries in a large pot as they need the space to grow well 12 16 in diameter should suffice Blueberries grow well when planted together with strawberries, as the strawberries provide ground cover to keep the soil cool and damp (just how blueberries like it!). Avoid planting blueberries along with tomato plants.
- Red flowers add an instant blaze of color to the most sedate garden. Learn how to use red perennial flowers in your garden at HowStuffWorks.
- Mosquito control herbs. This not only has the container layout for this, but its got a link for a list of other mosquito repelling plants.
- Growing your own seedlings from seed offers you more flexibly and control over your garden. You can choose your favorite varieties, grow the number of plants you need, and work within the planting dates that suit your growing area. Here are ten steps for starting seeds indoors.
- Cathedral Style Garden Trellises Beautifully styled with the classic pointed arch of Gothic cathedrals, they feature a number of special details, including unique pipe fitting accents; lattice detail at top with flowing scrollwork at bottom; and rich weathered brass finish that will highlight your plants and the surroundings beautifully. Can be ground- or wall-mounted for use in any space. Large $99.95 Set of 2 Small $149.95 or set of large and 2 small $235.95.
- Organic Control of Plant Disease and Pests in the Veggie Garden
- Fresh herbs add delightful flavor and fragrance to foods. You cant get any fresher than snipping leaves and springs from your own homegrown plants right before meal preparation. These are some of my favorite culinary herbs to grow from seeds year after year
- 8 Tips and Tricks for Outdoor Pots. Beautify your home with colorful pots of flowers. All the tips and tricks you need to know to keeping your plants thriving and alive.