Photo via: paigespartyideas.stfi.re
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Aspirin is the remedy for fungal plant problems, Black spot, powdery mildew, and rust are a terrible trio of fungi, which can attack and destroy your plants. Scientists have found that two uncoated aspirin tablets (325 milligrams each) dissolved in 1 quart of water and used as a foliar spray can thwart these diseases. I have not tried this, but I will.
- Weve all done these things—gardening mistakes, bloopers, or blunders that may be relatively harmless except they waste money. And, if youre like me, you want your garden budget to stretch as far as possible each year so that each new season is the best it can be. See if you have made any of these mistakes ( I have!) and better yet, perhaps you can avoid them. sponsored
- Growing Forsythia bushes is one of the best ways to get a really early show of flowers in your yard in spring.
- The 15 Most Colorful Perennials for Your Yard. Gorgeous colorful perennial options for adding color to your yard without planting every year.
- Fresh herbs add delightful flavor and fragrance to foods. You cant get any fresher than snipping leaves and springs from your own homegrown plants right before meal preparation. These are some of my favorite culinary herbs to grow from seeds year after year
- 5 stunning and unique hellebores you will fall in love with. Hellebore flower heads hang upside-down and their true beauty cannot be completely appreciated. The best way to show off the flowers is to float them in a bowl of water.
- Best Sellers – Cotton Candy Grass. This colorful ornamental grass creates a sweet, pink cloud in the back of a sunny border or as a stand-alone specimen in a perennial bed. Blooms appear in late summer. A dependable variety, Cotton Candy Grass tolerates heat, humidity, drought and wet conditions with ease. This gorgeous plant has it all – it provides gorgeous foliage throughout the year, is adaptable to practically every climate and can even grow in poor soil.
- Looking for a quick way to add a little curb appeal to your yard? Try a parking-strip garden! The little stretch of lawn between the street and the sidewalk may be a great place to add color (and it’s one less area you have to mow). First off, check for local restrictions before planting; some […]
- Nasturtiums have to be one of my favorite annuals. Its also an amazing edible plant for our chickens! Check out why you need nasturtium your garden this year!
- Want more butterflies in your yard? Plant the nectar plants they love! Heres a great list of butterfly-attracting annual and perennial plants — including those needed for butterfly larvae. infographic garden gardening
- On a cold day earlier this year, I decided to pass the time by wandering around some of my favorite stores. With coffee in one hand and my boyfriends hand in the other, I ended up in West Elm where I was struck by the work of potter Stella Baggott. Im telling you, to know her latest collection is to love it. Full of brilliantly-colored decanters in mod shapes, the pieces are cheerful and memorable. Come to think of it, her home in Brighton, UK isnt much different.Located only an hours tr…
- Red flowers add an instant blaze of color to the most sedate garden. Learn how to use red perennial flowers in your garden at HowStuffWorks.