Photo via: gardenrevolution-chicago.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Hydrangea paniculata is the easiest hydrangea to grow. In late summer and autumn, this rugged shrub produces fluffy clusters of white flowers that fade to shades of pink and green. Many cultivars, such as Tardiva, can be successfully trained into a standard, or miniature tree form — perfect for a large container or just about any landscape spot. Name: Hydrangea paniculata Growing Conditions: Full sun or part shade and well-drained soil Size: To 10 feet tall and wide Zones: 4-8/
- this is perfect for my Japanese trellis entrance way to the side of house
- Aspirin is the remedy for fungal plant problems, Black spot, powdery mildew, and rust are a terrible trio of fungi, which can attack and destroy your plants. Scientists have found that two uncoated aspirin tablets (325 milligrams each) dissolved in 1 quart of water and used as a foliar spray can thwart these diseases. I have not tried this, but I will.
- This is beautiful time of year. Its bearable to be outside, and, so, suddenly, all you want to do is be outside. If the unusually temperate weather has got you thinking about improving your outdoor space, weve got ten projects that will help you make the most of your patio, balcony, or backyard.
- Bellingham Garden – I love this idea for a garden path – flat stone, mos, other keepsakes….the idea of fixing keepsakes into your home garden pathway is a phenomenal way to leave legacy where you have lived. Incredible opportunity to leave special marbles, heirloom toys, broken china cups, shells from vacation, etc….
- Sometimes you just cant expose your plants to enough sunlight, like if you live in an apartment and you dont have a backyard. But thats not a problem, because there are some beautiful plants that grow in the shade, so you can plant them in your apartment or any shady spot of your backyard.
- How To Build A Hammock Stand http://theownerbuildernetwork.co/u9um If you love the idea of a hammock in your yard, but don’t have any trees, this is the solution. It’s a great addition to your outdoor space, looking beautiful with its pergola roof.
- Sunflowers in Kansas , Woah my UPS arrived. The Gucci stuff is perfect Top quality yet very cheap! This site ships fast! Use the coupon code:Pinterest when paying and save a bundle. Check out the pin to see more like this!
- Prairie dropseed (Sporobolus heterolepis) is a native prairie grass that forms graceful clumps in the landscape. This fine-textured grass is perfect for edging planting beds or pairing with other perennials. Give plants a location in full sun with well-drained, dry, rocky soil. Too little sunlight causes plants to flop open. Include drought-tolerant prairie dropseed in wildlife gardens. It provides cover for foraging birds, nesting material and abundant seed. Plants are hardy in Zones 3 to 7
- Make a statement at your al fresco party this summer with this stunning fire pit, just £115. Decorated with moons and stars, which are cut into the metal and given a vibrant glow by the flames within, it is all you need to give your night a wonderfully cosy, intimate feel. Deck chairs, blue-striped and priced at just £30 each, are the perfect way to round off the effect. | Tesco
- Heres a great way to recycle: repurpose a pine floor joist from a 19th-century house as the perfect swing for your yard. Handmade in Pennsylvania, the tree swing encourages kids and the young at heart to let loose and have a little fun in the outdoors. The seat is finished with natural tung oil, and each side comes with 25 feet of manila rope with a 695-pound tension limit. Expect a lot of squeals and laughter with this in your yard! Available at dotandbo.com
- Rocky Levels – Small rocks form the initial layer of the garden, while much larger rocks act as a retaining wall for the plants. The area with plants is small – which means that it won’t require a lot of water – but there’s a lot of interest with the various colors and textures. This idea could work well whether you have a small backyard or a larger one that you want to frame with something creative.