Photo via: mygardenyourgarden.stfi.re
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Fresh herbs add delightful flavor and fragrance to foods. You cant get any fresher than snipping leaves and springs from your own homegrown plants right before meal preparation. These are some of my favorite culinary herbs to grow from seeds year after year
- How to get rid of squash bugs and companion plants to discourage them, and other great gardening tips.
- It doesnt matter where you live, in the country or a high rise apartment…you can be a homesteader. Follow these simple tips and tricks to make more, use less and save money and resources! via @SLcountrygal
- 3. Give Your Garden A Calcium Boost My blender rarely sees daylight, but now it might just get the chance to see the kitchen counter with this genius tip! I’m starting to understand the idea behind compost a little more now that I’m dabbling in the garden, so this just makes a lot of sense to me. Just like grinding your food makes it easier to digest, grinding eggshells makes it easy for your garden to absorb the calcium egg shells provide.
- A couple of days ago I showed you my refreshed living room space in the country cottage home Im staying in now. Im loving the modern feel but with lots of natural and rustic touches that mimic my outdoor surroundings. One of the ways I achieved this was through bringing in plants, and one of the most creative ways I displayed some of my plants was to hang them in the window with a DIY wood slice plant hanger. This was a simple project. I have reclaimed cedar wood cookies that I s…
- Growing up, I was never one of those girls who longed to live in the English countryside and feel like I was part of a Jane Austen novel. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but it was just never my style or aesthetic. But then I discovered Anna Potter of Swallows of Damsons and my long-hidden desire to run away to the English moors appeared. Annas Instagram feed is a treasure trove of beautiful photos (and flowers) from her life and work in Sheffield, England and, after gett…
- Get Rid of Deer, Rabbits, Racoons, and Cats: These animals hate the smell of vinegar and it will keep them out of your garden naturally and safely. It is best to…
- In order to have a successful garden, you need to make sure you have good and healthy soil. Follow these simple tips to improve your foundation. via @SLcountrygal
- Finding mold growing in your seed trays is super frustrating and scary. Heres how to get rid of mold on seedlings, and stop it from growing back.
- When you add trendy plants to modern home decor idea what do you get? This super simple DIY Succulent Garden project! Choose your favorite mixture of colorful cacti and earthy greens to make this project all your own. More
- Dont let creeping charlie ruin your yard and landscaping. Use our fool-proof method to get rid of this annoying weed and keep you lawn free of creeping charlie throughout the spring and summer season.
- Wet newspapers and put layers around the plants overlapping as you go; cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic; they will not get through wet newspaper. Good composting!