Photo via: passthepistil.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- On a cold day earlier this year, I decided to pass the time by wandering around some of my favorite stores. With coffee in one hand and my boyfriends hand in the other, I ended up in West Elm where I was struck by the work of potter Stella Baggott. Im telling you, to know her latest collection is to love it. Full of brilliantly-colored decanters in mod shapes, the pieces are cheerful and memorable. Come to think of it, her home in Brighton, UK isnt much different.Located only an hours tr…
- Want to create a beautiful garden this spring but you can’t decide which perennials to plant? Coreopsis is low maintenance, with pretty yellow daisy-like blooms. Peonies are stunning, coming in a variety of shades, including pink, white, and yellow. They love the sun, but can handle partial sun conditions. You will want to cut some for vases in your home all season long! Phlox is a lovely two-toned flower and it smells amazing. Read on as eBay shares 5 must-have perennials.
- Bring color to your garden with these late summer flowers. Lets face it, by mid-July a lot of your annuals have gotten all leggy and even if theyre not dead yet, theyre not looking as spiffy as they did in May.
- Looking for a simple afternoon craft you can do with the kids to drag them away from their screens? One where they can get elbow deep in design and decorations? Look no further as Empress of Dirt shows you how to create the cutest clay pot lighthouses. Pots, paint, glue and a light (if you want) are all you need to bring a touch of the seaside to your yard. Follow along as eBay shares the steps to make your own backyard lighthouse!
- Tarragon is a top culinary herb. Did you know it can be used to ease toothaches and fight anxiety? Read on to find out all the benefits of tarragon
- Persian Shield is known botanically as Strobilanthes dyerianus. It is native to Burma and has 8-inch-long leaves that are iridescent in shades of purple, lilac and pink, with purple-maroon on the undersides. If those colors arent awesome enough, the foliage looks like it has a light coat of silver electroplated to it. Although newly in fashion. the plant has been used in gardens since Victorian times..
- Did you know that you can simply plant the top of a pineapple in a pot and grow another? And it looks gorgeous! (This is possibly one of the COOLEST things I have EVER seen!)
- All plants need water to survive. However, like plants that require more water, there are plants that grow in lack of water. They are the best drought tolerant plants and can live without water for a long time.
- Talk has it that the man we bought our farm from did all the landscaping and fencing around the property with only his trusty wheelbarrow and shovel….they say he went thru many, many wheelbarrows! And we inherited 2 of these worn out guys….I intend to make these flowers beds out of them since they are such a big piece of history of our farm! lol
- Aspirin is the remedy for fungal plant problems, Black spot, powdery mildew, and rust are a terrible trio of fungi, which can attack and destroy your plants. Scientists have found that two uncoated aspirin tablets (325 milligrams each) dissolved in 1 quart of water and used as a foliar spray can thwart these diseases. I have not tried this, but I will.
- Homemade Weed Killer 1 gallon of white vinegar 1/2 cup salt Liquid dish soap (any brand) Empty spray bottle Put salt in the empty spray bottle and fill it the rest of the way up with white vinegar. Add a squirt of liquid dish soap. This solution works best if you use it on a hot day. Spray it on the weeds in the morning, and as it heats up it will do its work.
- Have a lean-to greenhouse! They have the advantage of getting some heat from your house in winter, either heat that would be lost, or if it is very cold, you could open windows into the greenhouse to let your house heating system heat it. Much simpler and less dangerous than any greenhouse heater. On warm sunny winter days, the greenhouse will actually add heat to your house. And Humidity. And Oxygen.