Photo via: thebirdersreport.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Gardening Tip~ Plant Cucumbers With Sunflowers ~ Cucumbers are sweeter when: 1) planted near sunflowers; 2) given lots of water. Both require similar soil the cucumbers can use the sunflower stalk as a natural trellis…. See More
- Baking soda neutralizes the ph in the soil and nothing will grow there. use baking soda around all of the edges of flower beds to keep the grass and weeds from growing into beds. Just sprinkle it onto the soil so that it covers it lightly. Do this twice a year – spring and fall. Awesome! | Craft ~ Your ~ HomeCraft ~ Your ~ Home
- DIY Home Made Hummingbird Nectar/1667164/diy-home-made-hummingbird-nectar?&_suid=137169699260501840753828920068
- Borax Ant Baits – use borax mixed with sugar and water to kill ant colonies invading your kitchen, or anywhere else for that matter. The workers take the borax and sugar back to the colony and feed it to the queen, killing or weakening the colony.
- How to grow stevia and preserve the leaves – up to 300 times sweeter than sugar with a glycemic index of zero!
- DIY Butterfly Feeder – a bright colored bowl with a plastic mesh pot scrubber in it; just add sugar water (4 parts water, 1 part granulated sugar) and wait for the butterflies to show up.
- How to use sugar on your lawn as an inexpensive fertilizer! (Its cheap and it WORKS!) www.FunCheapOrFree.com
- Sugar Plum Coral Bells (Heuchera) Zones 3–8, $18; stargazerperennials.com
- Moss Graffiti Recipe: In your blender, combine: * 1 can of cheap beer or 1 1/2 C buttermilk * A few handfuls of moss * 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Butterfly Sponge Nectar Feeders: Heres another simple nectar feeding idea, : Place red or orange sponges with sugar solution in a dish or suspend them from branches as artificial nectar sources when there are few flowers. – from Central Texas Butterfly Gardening by the Univerity of Texas
- Best homemade bird suet recipe
- DIY: Fill Dollar store baskets with suet & seed, press firmly. Hang on tree for winter bird feeding