Photo via: oceansnsunsets.hubpages.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Another Really Nice Vegetable Garden. If you click this photo youll find 101 Gardening Secrets that the experts never told you. All kinds of great vegetable garden information. Just click the photo.
- Learn how to grow garlic so that your kitchen never runs out of a great, organic supply. Its easy to grow if you learn all the steps! Learn how to plant, maintain, and harvest your garlic in my post.
- Herb gardens are a great way to fill up spaces in your garden plots and boxes. They are easy to grow, produce wonderful and delicious fresh herbs for all of your cooking needs, and often produce an abundant harvest. The good news is that if you have an OVER abundance of herbs from
- Is it your first year gardening? All you have is a tiny patio? No worries! Here are my 5 favorite container vegetables for beginning gardeners, plus container gardening tips and tricks for a great harvest.
- How to Choose Plants for Your First Vegetable Garden – My Frugal Adventures. all from seeds: green beans, cucumbers, lettuce seed mix, and tomatos!
- If you have a garden enclosed by brick or cement then here’s an idea to make that border shine! Take some rope light and put in on the inside of whatever’s lining your garden. When the sun goes down your garden will be lit up exactly where you want it to be.
- It’s no fun to spend hours tending to your vegetable garden only to discover that all your harvest was destroyed or eaten by garden pests. But did you know that certain flowers planted near the vegetables act as a deterrent to these pesky pests? And you also have the added benefit that these super flowers attract pollinators that help your vegetables grow. Marigolds, nasturtiums, borage, petunias, and chrysanthemums all have incredible powers! Visit eBay to learn more about these super flowers.
- Looking for a simple afternoon craft you can do with the kids to drag them away from their screens? One where they can get elbow deep in design and decorations? Look no further as Empress of Dirt shows you how to create the cutest clay pot lighthouses. Pots, paint, glue and a light (if you want) are all you need to bring a touch of the seaside to your yard. Follow along as eBay shares the steps to make your own backyard lighthouse!
- Do you want to grow the best tomatoes in taste and size? And want to have a bumper harvest? Then put these things in the hole before planting your tomato plant!
- Good to know: Plants have best friends just like people do. Marigolds help tomatoes and roses grow better. Nasturtiums keep bugs away from squash and broccoli. Petunias protect beans from beetles and oregano chases them away from cucumbers. Geraniums keep Japanese beetles away from roses and corn. Chives make carrots sweeter, and basil makes tomatoes even tastier
- Aspirin is the remedy for fungal plant problems, Black spot, powdery mildew, and rust are a terrible trio of fungi, which can attack and destroy your plants. Scientists have found that two uncoated aspirin tablets (325 milligrams each) dissolved in 1 quart of water and used as a foliar spray can thwart these diseases. I have not tried this, but I will.
- Im just so intrigued by this method of trellising using cattle panels. Im seeing others are using it to trellis cucumbers, beans, squash and pumpkin.