Photo via: thegardeningcook.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Red flowers add an instant blaze of color to the most sedate garden. Learn how to use red perennial flowers in your garden at HowStuffWorks.
- Aspirin is the remedy for fungal plant problems, Black spot, powdery mildew, and rust are a terrible trio of fungi, which can attack and destroy your plants. Scientists have found that two uncoated aspirin tablets (325 milligrams each) dissolved in 1 quart of water and used as a foliar spray can thwart these diseases. I have not tried this, but I will.
- Mrs. Lees Kindergarten: cute spring and plant unit would go along with an activity about how flowers grow. Also, this matches a book that was added in on our Unit plan already.
- Take a used candle jar, an outdoor solar light and glass beads. Its a great outdoor decoration for patio railings. I LOVE this idea! This can be accomplished very inexpensively too…you can buy most of the things needed in your local dollar store!
- I like this for an outdoor party, you could even submerge some cut flowers instead of plants, party decor, table decor. Helga Noack
- How to make an outdoor pool umbrella half barrel flower pot stand. Shade! 1) Real/resin half barrel (drill holes in the bottom for drainage) 2) QUIKRETE or a cement block that has a hole in the center for your post 3) Put in PVC pipe (spray paint to liking) 4)Use small stones or pebbles to increase the stability. Cover with dirt and plant flowers. 6) If you use a tilt umbrella the wind may blow it in a circle. Drill hole in PVC, put screw in place.
- This passage way made with the same shipping pallets could be perceived as a dual natured pallet wood creation. This is a decorative measure, and also a protective measure as well as it would prevent us from some tiny harmful worms and bugs that might cause irritation and inflammation. And the wooden planter is even better than that.
- Turning an old dresser into a raised garden bed! – awesome idea, although my old dresser is pretty dern ugly. Dont know if I would even want it in my back yard! Paint could help though.
- Vegetable Garden…Oh I sooo wanna make one like this! Im not a great gardener and this would be a nice small easy way to start with growing my own stuff and perfect size for our patio and can be cornered in with chicken wire to keep pets out!! Dont need to worry dogs or cats or coons will pee in there! LOL.
- Instead of using commercial fertilizers and plant food, why not use some scraps from your kitchen that would otherwise end up in the trash or compost bin to amend and improve your garden soil naturally? Inexpensive and easy, these are my favorite ways to get my garden ready for spring planting. Eggshells, banana peels, Epsom salts, coffee grounds. Find out more at http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2016/06/7-ways-to-improve-your-garden-soil.html
- amazing Diy: Cute Clay Pot Lighthouses DIY Miniature Outdoor Patio Pots Repurposed If you miss your seaside holidays, here is an easy way to make a lighthouse in your garden, these cute yard decorations are cheap and easy to make!
- Gallon of water, 1 chopped onion add to gal of water. let it sit under the sun for 3days and spray it over your veg plants, n flowers to keep bugs from eating the leaves. I personally used it on the lawn and around the windows n doors to keep the bugs n mosquitoes away and it worked. I read this in magazine from old sturbridge village. Cant recall what year