Photo via: idlights.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Fresh herbs add delightful flavor and fragrance to foods. You cant get any fresher than snipping leaves and springs from your own homegrown plants right before meal preparation. These are some of my favorite culinary herbs to grow from seeds year after year
- Creative DIY Planters – Rotted Tree Trunk Succulent Planters – Best Do It Yourself Planters and Crafts You Can Make For Your Plants – Indoor and Outdoor Gardening Ideas – Cool Modern and Rustic Home and Room Decor for Planting With Step by Step Tutorials http://diyjoy.com/diy-planters
- A couple of days ago I showed you my refreshed living room space in the country cottage home Im staying in now. Im loving the modern feel but with lots of natural and rustic touches that mimic my outdoor surroundings. One of the ways I achieved this was through bringing in plants, and one of the most creative ways I displayed some of my plants was to hang them in the window with a DIY wood slice plant hanger. This was a simple project. I have reclaimed cedar wood cookies that I s…
- Looking for a simple afternoon craft you can do with the kids to drag them away from their screens? One where they can get elbow deep in design and decorations? Look no further as Empress of Dirt shows you how to create the cutest clay pot lighthouses. Pots, paint, glue and a light (if you want) are all you need to bring a touch of the seaside to your yard. Follow along as eBay shares the steps to make your own backyard lighthouse!
- Growing your own seedlings from seed offers you more flexibly and control over your garden. You can choose your favorite varieties, grow the number of plants you need, and work within the planting dates that suit your growing area. Here are ten steps for starting seeds indoors.
- Add some vintage style to your home by transforming old teacups into mini planters. They add such an elegant display to your indoor herb garden or kitchen windowsill on top of being super simple to make. http://www.ehow.com/how_6690979_make-flower-pot-tea-cup.html?utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=inline&utm_campaign=fanpage
- The best way to water your garden is to set up a drip irrigation system with an automatic timer. But what if you do not have that option?. If so, a great option is to bury a milk jug with holes drilled in it next to your plants. To water all you have to do is stick the hose in the top of the jug and fill up the milk jug and you are done! It also makes it easy to fertilize, add a scoup of fertilizer into the jug and add water and your done!
- Keep foliage color in mind when you plan your perennial border. Plants with colorful foliage such as artemisia will keep the garden looking good while flowering plants go in and out of bloom. Artemisia has beautiful silver-gray foliage that won’t fade in the hot sun. This hardy perennial is also drought and insect resistant, and the branches make a wonderful addition to indoor flower arrangements. Height varies by variety and can range from 3 feet tall to just 5 inches. Grows in Zones 4-9.
- DIY Project • Contemporary Garden Water Feature Less than $30 • Simple Tutorial! Would probably be a good idea to add a wiggler to the water to keep mosquitoes out of it
- Do you have a favorite park where you love to spend a warm afternoon sitting under the shade of a tree? Wouldn’t it be nice to create that atmosphere in your own yard? A tree bench will make it a reality! Check out the full gallery for more inspiration: http://theownerbuildernetwork.co/kbik
- Did you like the fairy garden collection weve shown you in the past? Then youre going to like this idea even more! diyprojects.ideas… Stone houses possess that magical beauty which make miniature versions of them perfect for fairy gardens! Do you want to have an enchanting fairy stone house in your yard? Then build a miniature stone house now! – Jolenes Gardening
- Spring is here. If you are planing to add some fun additions to your garden or yard and do not want to spend much money on those expensive decorations, why not try repurposing your old home items and create a few interesting, beautiful and functional garden projects? Almost all of us in our homes, we […]